Recipe from class given by CIA grad
· 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
· 1/4 Cup water
· 5 Extra Large eggs (Separated)
· 1/2 Cup White Sugar
· 2 1/4 Cups Whipping Cream
· 1/4 Cup Brandy
1. Separate the eggs. Both the yolk and the whites will be used
2. Melt chocolate with water and sugar over low heat. Keep stirring until smooth
3. Whip whites to soft-stiff and hold
4. Whip 2 cups of the whipping cream to soft peaks and hold. You can add 1/4 cup brandy just before the peaks stiffen.
5. Whip up yolks
6. Check again to make sure chocolate is smooth. Add some of the yolks to the chocolate slowly to equalize the temp, then pour the mixture back into the yolk bowl. Put this mixture into a bowl large enough to hold it as well as the egg whites and whipping cream.
7. Fold in meringue slowly so as not to destroy the bubbles
8. Fold in whipped cream, also slowly
9. Separate into individual servings and chill. I use small plastic cups.
10. At serving, whip up garnish.