List of websites to look at wildfires
- Can be slow to add fires but once up, a good resource for
all sorts of info on a specific fire. Will give status,
closures, maps etc
Fire Situational Awareness
- Also Satellite detections but the colors go from dark red,
to orange, to yellow to not on the map as the time from
detection lengthens. I think superior to Firms (link below)
- Satellite from CSU, superior to NOAA (below). To make it
easier for mobile I put two different views here. Explaination
on how to read band 7 (for either CSU or NOAA) is here.
- Can also be found on Opensummit
- Good in the day time to see where the focus is on either
spotting or dropping water or retardant is. This is real time.
Zoom into the location you want
Less useful links:
Finally I made up a quick page to explain what I see off of the GOES
Satellite imagery for both the NOAA display and the CSU display.
That can be seen here.
Not fire but good resourse, online USGS Maps
Page maintained by Don Samuels
Last update: 07/10/21